Socialization & Fire Drill PT Rolimex Kimia Nusamas - Palembang
Coordinator : Agian Haitami (HRGA Palembang)
Speaker : Krismanto SIlaen SH
Palembang. 22 June 2022, at 09:00 WIB located in the front yard (parking) of PT Rolimex Kimia Nusamas Warehouse, a Socialization & Fire Drill event took place in the context of fire disaster management.
This socialization was attended by all employees of PT Rolimex Kimia Nusamas with great enthusiasm.
After the socialization was completed, it was continued with a simulation of the fire extinguisher by the Palembang Fire Department.
This socialization and simulation was carried out in order to provide understanding and knowledge on how to use APAR (Light Fire Extinguisher), Types of APAR, and how to extinguish fire using wet sacks/towels and household gas leaks.
This activity also trains employees and employees to be able to use fire extinguishers properly and correctly to deal with small-scale fires.
This APAR socialization was delivered directly by Danton of the Fire Service. By delivering information about the types of APAR available, namely:
1. APAR filled with powder
2. APAR filled with CO2 . gas
On this occasion also explained about the characteristics of the condition of the fire extinguisher that is ready to use:
1. Position is still sealed
2. There is a safety pin still attached
3. The APAR check label (test date and APAR condition) is still working
4. The pressure barometer needle must be in the green area with a pressure of up to 17 bar (except fire extinguishers with carbon dioxide media (CO2 which does not have a barometer indicating the pressure content).
Furthermore, Danton of the Fire Service also explained that APAR is to extinguish fires with the following quality sources of fire:
Class A: Fires originating from ordinary solid flammable materials Example: paper, wood, plastic, rubber, etc.
Class B: Fires originating from flammable liquids and gases Example: kerosene, gasoline, diesel, thinner, LNG, LPG, etc.
Class C: Fires originating from electrical equipment (short circuit) Examples: electric generators, electric irons, etc.
How to use the proper and correct APAR (Light Fire Extinguisher) with the following steps:
1. Open the seal by turning the pin
2. Pull the APAR pin
3. Take a position not downwind. How to find out the direction of the wind, pay attention to the windsock in your area or if you don't see the smoke, don't stand in a position to challenge the smoke. Standing position about 1.5 m-3 meters from the fire
4. Lift the APAR, point the nozzle of the hose towards the fire
5. Spray the fire by pressing the lever on the extinguisher
The activity ended with being enthusiastic and shouting the proud slogans of PT Rolimex Kimia Nusamas.
INCIDENT - NO
SAFETY - YES
ROLIMEX - IS THE BEST
Power Plant Chemical Product application on Nusantara Power Connect 2023
Please come join Us. RKN Specialty... Read More
Indonesia's 78th Independence Day, August 17, 2023
PT Rolimex Kimia Nusamas celebrated the independence day of... Read More
Rolimex goes to Jobfair 2023 Sidoarjo Disnaker
Tuesday, August 22, 2023, Rolimex Surabaya branch was present... Read More
Dirgahayu Republik Indonesia ke 78
Business Trip Team Rolimex to Sino Agri, Laos 8 - 12 June 2023Read More
Mrs. Lucia Maria Farewell
On Tuesday, 30 May 2023, the board of directors and the... Read More